We have addressed all remaining concerns and are prepared to upgrade a small subset of Kiln On Demand accounts to Kiln 2.9. There is no expected service interruption for this upgrade. The release notes remain the same as the last notice:
- Revamped code review system.
- Totally rebuilt, faster search infrastructure using ElasticSearch.
- Faster and more reliable server-side branching and pushing.
- Push and pull a single head on a multi-headed repository in Kiln.
- Support for Mercurial's largefiles extension, the successor of kbfiles.
- Major performance improvements, on the server and in your browser.
- Countless bug fixes and stability improvements, such as:
- Fix spurious "your session has expired" errors.
- Kiln is now powered by Mercurial 2.2.2, the latest stable release. Our thanks as always to the entire Mercurial community.
- This version also includes a backwards-incompatible, breaking change to the Reviews API.
We will begin promptly at 0200 UTC (2200 EDT).